Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The House of Representatives, yesterday summoned the Attorney-General of the Federation, AGF, Abubakar Malami, over the Code of Conduct Tribunal case involving the Senate President, Bukola Saraki.
Adopting a motion by Minority Whip, Yakubu Barde (PDP, Kaduna), the House noted with concern the recent charge by the EFCC against the chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal, Danladi Umar, after clearing him of same.
2. A mild drama played out on the floor of the House of Representatives on Thursday as a member of House of Representatives from Kaduna State, Jagaba Adams Jagaba, defected from the All Progressives Congress, APC, to the People Democratic Party, PDP.
Jagaba, who came to the House under the ruling APC, had earlier announced in Kaduna that he was dumping the party to the opposition PDP.
He introduced himself thus: “I’m Hon Jagaba Adams Jagaba and I’m of the PDP.”
3. Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, has backed the calls for decentralisation of the Nigeria Police.
Osinbajo, who at the opening ceremony for the two-day summit on national security organised by the Senate on the spate of killings by herdsmen and other crimes across the country, faulted claims that President Muhammadu Buhari is doing little to check the crimes by Fulani herdsmen due to his Fulani origin.
4. Governor of Delta State, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa effected a major cabinet shake-up on Thursday.
This led to the sack of the Commissioner for health, Dr Nicholas Azinge and Dr Dan Okenyi of Arts and culture.
5. The Centre for Anti-Corruption and Open Leadership, CACOL, has called for the immediate sack of Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Raji Fashola, over his recent assertion that lack of adequate electricity in Nigeria cannot be responsible for the country’s slow-paced economy.
The group said Fashola’s comment was not only a pathetic assertion but also a cruel and criminal justification of the conscious de-industrialisation policy of the hawks in our ruling class.
6. The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, has issued a warning to personnel of the Nigerian Army against use of social media.
He noted that some personnel had abused the use of social media contrary to the rules of the service, adding that this informed the need for establishment of a directorate that would focus solely on the management of social media in the service.
7. The Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, CBCN, has explained the reasons for the visit to President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa on Thursday.
The CBCN, led by its President Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama, who doubles as the Archbishop of Jos, visited President Buhari at the Villa yesterday, where they highlighted all the areas the President seems to have failed to address.
8. President Muhammadu Buhari, on Thursday said it was unfair for people to continue to create the impression that he is not doing anything about the ongoing clashes between farmers and herdsmen in Benue, Adamawa, Taraba states and other part of the country.
Buhari said because he was aware of the enormity of the problems, he was doing his best to get law enforcement agencies to be on the alert.
9. Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, has told Nigerians that there were no plans by the Federal Government to force anyone to give his or her lands for the planned cattle ranch.
The Vice President warned that on no account will any land be seized or forcefully taken to create ranches or grazing areas.
10. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has lampooned the Presidency for abandoning its responsibility of governance.
The former ruling party said the APC-led government was now deploying resources meant for the good of the people to push what it termed desperate but ill-fated mission to perpetuate on Nigerians, an obviously unpopular Presidential candidate in 2019.
Welcome to Street Journal Forum, Our motto is "We Disagree To Agree", you can have an open discussion here on anything, you can respond to Topics freely. Upload pictures you want to share and please invite your friends!
We Disagree To Agree.....Let discuss everything!
First unread post • Total posts 59889 • Page 1 of 1
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Unable to create the cache directory (./cache/twig//1/7).' in /home/www/wsjforum.org/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php:1275 Stack trace: #0 /home/www/wsjforum.org/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(335): Twig_Environment->writeCacheFile('./cache/twig//1...', '<?php??/* jumpb...') #1 /home/www/wsjforum.org/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(151): Twig_Environment->loadTemplate('jumpbox.html', NULL) #2 /home/www/wsjforum.org/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php(274): phpbb\template\twig\environment->loadTemplate('jumpbox.html', NULL) #3 /home/www/wsjforum.org/cache/twig/c/e/cec3cab1f27e4692212a1848311f67a4daa4c8e8276cb4709b5f5166ec894108.php(1738): Twig_Template->loadTemplate('jumpbox.html', 'viewtopic_body....', 404) #4 /home/www/wsjforum.org/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php(340): __TwigTemplate_cec3cab1f27e4692212a1848311f67a4daa4c8e8276cb4709b5f5166ec894108->doDisplay(Array, Array) #5 /home/www/wsjforum.org/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/ in /home/www/wsjforum.org/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Template.php on line 355