Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Spokesman of former Military President, Ibrahim Babangida, Kassim Afegbua was at Police headquarters in Abuja. Afegbua who had been declared wanted over a letter he issued on President Buhari on behalf of Babangida arrived the force headquarters with his lawyers and some family members. He was, however, cleared of any wrongdoing.
2. The Nigeria Police has denied reports that suspected Fulani herdsmen were killing innocent Nigerians along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. A statement by Police Zonal PRO, Dolapo Badmus, described the report as false and baseless. The police further cleared that there was no such attack within that axis.
3. The Department of State Security Services (DSS) has invited Kassim Afegbua for a chat with its Director-General, Mr Lawal Musa Daura. The meeting will hold on today, February 8. The invitation came few hours after Afegbua honoured police invitation at Force Headquarters where he was cleared of any wrongdoing.
4. Senate Committee on Anti-corruption and Financial Crimes has started investigations on the arrest of Mr. Innocent Chukwuma, the Managing Director of Innoson Motors Nigeria Limited in Abuja. The investigation was at the instance of a petition he filed at the National Assembly seeking justice . Innoson insisted that his forceful arrest by operatives of the EFCC at his Enugu residence on 19th December, was illegal.
5. The Officer-in-Charge of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Saki Unit in Oyo State Police Command, has been killed by Fulani herdsmen. Report says the SARS boss, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, ASP, was killed on Tuesday night. He was said to have been macheted to death by the herdsmen during an operation in a forest on the Saki-Ogbooro Road in Oke-Ogun area of the state.
6. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described as shocking, scandalous and a mockery of justice Tuesday’s recall by President Muhammadu Buhari of the suspended Executive Secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NIHS), Prof. Usman Yusuf while he was still being quizzed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for alleged N919 million fraud.
7. The Yobe Commissioner for Health, Dr Bello Kawuwa, said the state has recorded 10 new cases of Cerebro Spinal Meningitis with three deaths this year. He disclosed this on Wednesday at the flag off of measles vaccination campaign in Damaturu.
8. The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, has called for immediate and comprehensive measures to resolve the unfortunate killing of Benue people by Fulani herdsmen. The governor who donated N200million to the Benue State Government for the purchase of relief materials and medicines for the displaced persons declared that it is no longer fashionable to trade blames while innocent people are killed by armed gangs. He was in Makurdi to sympathize with the State.
9Nike, on Wednesday unveiled the kits Nigeria will wear at this year’s World Cup in Russia.The sportswear giants drew inspiration from the Super Eagles jersey to the 1995 King Fahd Cup – now known as FIFA Confederations Cup. The jerseys were launched at a ceremony in London, England. Captain John Mikel Obi, Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho all modelled the new kits.
10. The House of Representatives on Wednesday ordered the Inspector General of Police, IGP, Ibrahim Idris, to apologize to Governor Samuel Ortom over a derogatory comment by the Force spokesperson, Jimoh Moshood. The lower legislative chambers gave the directive while currently debating a motion on the bills by herdsmen in Benue State.
Welcome to Street Journal Forum, Our motto is "We Disagree To Agree", you can have an open discussion here on anything, you can respond to Topics freely. Upload pictures you want to share and please invite your friends!
We Disagree To Agree.....Let discuss everything!
First unread post • Total posts 32616 • Page 1 of 1