Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Leaders from Benue State, including the current governor, Samuel Ortom, Senators David Mark, George Akume, Barnabas Gemade, Joseph Waku, Gen. Lawrence Onoja and others, yesterday met with President Muhammadu Buhari as a way of finding a lasting solution to the reoccurring clashes between farmers and herders in the state.
The state leaders during the meeting rejected the plan by the federal government to set up cattle colonies in the area.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari on his part called on the government and people of Benue to exercise restraint following the recent attacks on some communities in the state. Buhari emphasized that all those involved in the conflict that culminated in loss of lives would not escape justice, including any illegally armed militia in the state.
3. Kidnapped Taraba lawmaker Hosea Ibi has been found dead.
The lifeless body of the lawmaker, who was kidnapped few days back in his hometown, Takum, was found on the road in Takum local government.
4. The Ekiti State Government, yesterday released a White Paper barring a former governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, from holding a public office in the state for 10 years.
Also barred was a former Commissioner for Finance, Dapo Kolawole, for the same number of years. The two top politicians were barred based on the report of the Ekiti Judicial Commission of Inquiry, which indicted them over alleged mismanagement of the state’s finances between October 2010 and 2014.
5. Boko Haram insurgent group has released another video, showing some of the remaining abducted Chibok girls.
In the video, one of the girls who spoke for the others, vowed not to go back to their parents.
6. At least, ten persons have been reported dead while others were severely injured owing to a gas explosion at Second Coming gas plant located on CMD road in Magodo area of Lagos State.
It was learnt that the plant reportedly went up in flames spreading fast to other facilities in the neighbourhood.
7. The All Progressives Congress, APC, on Monday assured that the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government is committed towards ensuring the protection of Nigerians.
APC stressed that Buhari’s administration would ensure that Nigerians across the country are able to live peacefully and go about their normal daily activities.
8. Tunde Bakare, Senior Pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly, has launched another attack on the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government. The fiery preacher said despite government’s promises on security, job creation and anti-corruption fight, all that was being witnessed are, “signs of retrogression.”
9. Nigeria’s vice-president, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo left the country on Monday night for the United States of America.
According to a tweet by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, Osinbajo will deliver the inaugural Havard University’s historic ‘Africa Rising’ lecture.
10. The Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), has alleged that Fulani herdsmen are being used to establish Emirs in places like Owerri, Enugu, Benin, Agatu, Abeokuta and other towns where Federal Government plans to create grazing colonies.
MASSOB made the claim while insisting that Fulani herdsmen and their kinsmen were keen in an agenda to overrun all towns in Southern and Middle belt parts of the country.
Welcome to Street Journal Forum, Our motto is "We Disagree To Agree", you can have an open discussion here on anything, you can respond to Topics freely. Upload pictures you want to share and please invite your friends!
We Disagree To Agree.....Let discuss everything!
First unread post • Total posts 26369 • Page 1 of 1