Welcome to Street Journal Forum, Our motto is "We Disagree To Agree", you can have an open discussion here on anything, you can respond to Topics freely. Upload pictures you want to share and please invite your friends!

Herdsmen attack: Emir Sanusi admits being patron of Miyetti Allah, names Sultan of Sokoto, others

We Disagree To Agree.....Let discuss everything!

Herdsmen attack: Emir Sanusi admits being patron of Miyetti Allah, names Sultan of Sokoto, others

Unread postby Wsj » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:57 am

The Emir of Kano , Muhammadu Sanusi II has admitted being a patron of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MACBAN.

The former Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Governor also named the former Sultan of Sokoto, Abubakar III, as the grand patron, now replaced by successive Sultans: Dasuki, Maccido and now Saad Abubakar.

While fielding questions from Punch on the recent killings in various parts of the country by cattle herders, Sanusi said the Emir of Katsina, the Emir of Zazzau and the Lamido of Adamawa were also patrons of MACBAN.

Sanusi, however, stated that the group was not a violent one.

He said, “As I understand it when Miyetti Allah was first set up , they requested a few Fulani emirs to be their patrons in their capacity as emirs. The first grand patron was Sultan Abubakar III and he was replaced by successive sultans – Dasuki, Maccido and Saad Abubakar now.

“Other patrons were emir of Kano, Lamido of Adamawa and emirs of Zazzau and Katsina, I believe. So, my predecessor was a patron and on my ascension to the throne, I became a patron. This is all nominal.

“To the best of my knowledge, Miyetti Allah has never been involved in acts of violence and has always condemned violence and called on its members to eschew violence.

“It is, however, committed to protecting the fundamental rights of herdsmen as Nigerians including constitutional right to freedom of movement and the ownership of private wealth and peaceful conduct of their business.”

Return to “Enter forum disscussion”