Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. No fewer than ten persons were on Saturday killed as Fulani herdsmen attacked two villages in the Birnin-Gwari Local Government of Kaduna State.
According to eyewitnesses, the attacks lasted for hours as the suspected herdsmen moved from one village to another, killing and burning houses.
2. The candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, Chief Victor Umeh has been returned as the winner of the Saturday rerun election for Anambra central senatorial zone.
Umeh who was declared winner on Sunday morning polled 64,879 Votes to defeat 13 other candidates in the election.
3. The management of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has postponed orientation camp for 2017 Batch B, stream 2 Corps members in Benue
NYSC in a statement via its official twitter page, said a new date will be communicated in due course.
4. The pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, has said that the idea of the cattle colonies is an insult to Nigerians.
According to Afenifere, the crisis that would be created with the creation of cattle colonies would be worse than open grazing system which had been rejected by many Nigerians.
5. The Benue State Government has imposed a curfew on Makurdi, the State capital following herdsmen attacks.
Benue State Governor, who Samuel Ortom, disclosed this on Saturday after a State Securiy Council meeting held at the Benue Peoples’ House, Makurdi, said the curfew is expected to last from 6pm to 6am.
6. Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, has again issued a stern warning to all officers and soldiers in the Nigerian Army to steer clear of politics.
He warned personnel to leave politics to the politicians and concentrate on their chosen career.
7. The Nigerian Customs Service has announced its plans to retire 577 of its officers.
This was disclosed in a circular released on Friday signed by signed by Sulaiman M.S.J, Comptroller Establishments barely one week after it promoted three officers to management level and redeployed eight others.
8. Bishop David Oyedepo of Living Faith Church Worldwide, has placed a curse on Fulani herdsmen allegedly killing Nigerians in the country.
Oyedepo, while condemning the killings by Fulani herdsmen, stated that Nigeria is in a ‘state of slumber.’
9. The newly installed Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland (Generalissimo and Commander of the Yoruba army) Otunba Gani Adams on Saturday promised to collaborate with security agencies and other stakeholders in ensuring that Yorubaland was effectively secured against any attacks.
The new Aare Ona Kakanfo said with his activist background, he will also work as a bridge builder and work with traditional ruler and have good rapport with all stakeholders, no matter the differences of the past, for the unity, progress and advancement of Yorubaland and Nigeria.
10. The Senior Pastor, Dunamis International Gospel Centre (DIGC), Abuja, Dr Paul Enenche, has declared that it was high time people started defending themselves against those killing in the name of politics or religion.
The fiery preacher affirmed that people would no longer fold their arms and watch others maim and waste them for no reason.
Welcome to Street Journal Forum, Our motto is "We Disagree To Agree", you can have an open discussion here on anything, you can respond to Topics freely. Upload pictures you want to share and please invite your friends!
We Disagree To Agree.....Let discuss everything!
First unread post • Total posts 31299 • Page 1 of 1