Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1.Four suspected members of the Badoo gang have been arrested for alleged killing of a Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Pastor, Victor Kanayo and family members in Ikorodu. The suspects Ibrahim Anifowose, 28, Uche Igwe Abdulrazaq Yahyaha and Abubakar Tenimu were apprehended at their hideouts on Aremu Street, Ojota. They were paraded in Lagos by the Lagos state Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal.
2. There were protests across the country on Monday in support of the #EndSARS campaign. The protesters in various cities across the country demanded that the Nigerians government should disband the operation of the police unit over continuous victimization of Nigerians. There were, however, protests in some states in support of reform of the unit and not outright ban.
3. A national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, has has further stressed that he was more on the side of internal democracy as against the idea of giving automatic tickets to aspirants. He said his party must not behave like the Peoples Democratic Party, which, according to him, has a penchant for giving automatic tickets to its members. Tinubu while reacting to Okorocha’s comment about his position said that despite his stance, he recognizes the importance of the governors to the emergence of candidates.
4. The Appeal Court, Lagos State Division, on Monday ruled that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, lacks the powers to investigate or prosecute serving judges. Justice Hydiazira Nganjiwa gave the ruling while presiding over a matter between EFCC and a judge of the Federal High Court. The appellate court, however, held that the anti-graft agency can only prosecute judicial official if such officer has been dismissed by the National Judicial Council, NJC.
5. The Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, on Monday denied ever saying that the Benin people owned Lagos. The royal father spoke in Victoria Island, Lagos. Oba Akiolu was reacting to controversies generated by his earlier remarks that the developmental strides being witnessed in Lagos State was because of the blessings given to it by a past Oba of Benin.
6. Liverpool and Egyptian star, Mohamed Salah has been crowned BBC African Footballer of the Year for 2017. The winger beat other contenders including Sadio Mane, Chelsea’s Victor Moses, Borussia Dortmund striker, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Red Bull Leipzig’s Naby Keita.
7. The management of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has announced the date for 2017 Batch B, stream 2 Corps members. The orientation course will hold between Tuesday 16th January 2018, to Monday 5th February 2018. This information was contained on the recently updated NYSC Mobilization Time-Table For 2017 Batch B corps members.
8. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and the newly elected National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, have visited a former Deputy National Chairman of the PDP , Chief Bode George. Wike and Secondus visited George at his Maitama home, Abuja, to seek his cooperation over the rancour that followed the national convention of the party. They assured George that they were willing to work with him and ready to carry everyone along in the running of the party’s affair.
9. Bola Tinubu, a National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, once asked the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara to step down for fellow lawmaker, Femi Gbajabiamila in his bedroom. The Speaker made the disclosure while recounting how he surmounted all odds including a fierce opposition from Tinubu to emerge as Speaker of the House.
10, A former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Patricia Ette, has ‘attacked’ the newly elected National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Prince Uche Secondus for mentioning her name during his acceptance speech on Sunday. Mrs. Ette, who is now a Board of Trustee, BoT, member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, wondered why her name should be mentioned even when she was not in the gathering. She said this in a disclaimer she issued .
Welcome to Street Journal Forum, Our motto is "We Disagree To Agree", you can have an open discussion here on anything, you can respond to Topics freely. Upload pictures you want to share and please invite your friends!
We Disagree To Agree.....Let discuss everything!
First unread post • Total posts 27787 • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Registered users: Baidu [Spider]