Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Monday warned President Muhammadu Buhari against visiting the South East, threatening that his Tuesday visit will be “recorded in history as a very bloody day. It further threatened that the President won’t return alive.
2. The Ebonyi Police Command on Monday warned the proscribed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) and political parties’ supporters against disruptive acts during President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit to the state on Tuesday. Ebonyi Commissioner of Police (CP), Mr Titus Lamorde, while giving the warning assured that the command was well equipped to deal with all forms of security challenges before, during and after the President’s visit.
3. Three members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in Aba, the commercial nerve of Abia State, were on Sunday arrested by Army personnel attached to 144 Battalion under 14 Brigade, Ohafia. Report says the soldiers were on patrol around Alaoji Fly Over, when they arrested the suspects who were distributing posters and flyers with the caption ‘’ No election in Anambra State.’’
4. The Rivers State Commissioner of Police, CP Ahmed Zaki, has said that the incident that occurred between the convoys of Governor Nyesom Wike and Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi was a mere traffic infraction. CP Zaki also said there was no assassination attempt on the life of any of political leaders. He said investigation has revealed that Governor Wike’s convoy was four hundred meters away from the point of the incident, adding that the Minister of Transportation had left the scene before the eventual arrival of the Governor.
5. A member of the Boko Haram sect on Monday sneaked into Muktum village and slaughtered his biological father, Malum Kwaramtcheri in Gujba local government area of Yobe State. The suspect entered the village around 11:30 pm in company of four others and carried out the dastard act. The slain father was a former councillor and renowned politician in Ngirbuwa town.
6. Report says four policemen were injured on Monday in a clash between the police and students of the Federal College of Agriculture, Moor Plantation, Apata, Ibadan. The report also claims that eight police vans were damaged in the clash. Problem started when police intervened in the student’s protest against the school management.
7. News has it that more than two dozen of Nigerian crude oil cargoes were not sold on Monday amid a supply glut of light sweet crude in the market. It was reported that tenders to buy oil from companies in India and Indonesia helped to absorb some excess, but 30 unsold Nigerian cargoes and and some from Angola were seen.
8. President Muhammadu Buhari has backed the move by Kaduna state Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, to sack 21,780 teachers. Speaking at a special retreat of the Federal Executive Council (FEC), Buhari admitted it was no longer a secret that the education sector needed urgent intervention. The president said the effect of decay in the education sector is glaring, vowing to address the situation.
9. A Federal Capital Territory High Court, sitting in Jabi, Abuja, on Monday sentenced two former top officials in the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation to 105 years imprisonment for contract fraud and abuse of office.￼ The two men- Mohammed Dogonyaro Audu (also known as Abdullahi Dogonyaro Mohammed) and Yahaya Ayodeji, were arrested and tried in court by the EFCC.
10. The House of Representatives has ordered the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, to immediately arrest and prosecute a former Chairman of the Presidential Task Team on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina. The resolution marked NASS/CAN/105/Vol.23/154 and dated November 7, 2017, was formally conveyed to the Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, by the Clerk of the National Assembly, Mr. M. A. Sani- Omolori.
Welcome to Street Journal Forum, Our motto is "We Disagree To Agree", you can have an open discussion here on anything, you can respond to Topics freely. Upload pictures you want to share and please invite your friends!
We Disagree To Agree.....Let discuss everything!
First unread post • Total posts 35056 • Page 1 of 1