The 2017/2018 season of the English Premier League will kick off this weekend with first game scheduled to hold at the Emirate Stadium on Friday where Arsenal will lock horns with the 2015/2016 champions, Leicester City.
The 20-team league will begin with teams already prepared and ready to go all out against each other on a home and away basis.
Here are ten things you need to know about the English Premier League and some of its clubs in coming 2017/2018 season.
1.The Premier League season will kick off on a Friday night for the first time ever.
Friday night football was introduced last season with the experience beginning with Manchester United’s home win against Southampton on 19 August.
2. Arsenal and Leicester city will kick off this season’s Premier League at the Emirate Stadium, home of the Gunners. The game will show how well manager Arsene Wenger has prepared to fight back into the top four after they missed out last season.
3. Manchester City and neighbours, Manchester United are the biggest spenders among Premier League clubs this season.
While Manchester City spent combined total of £1,427,030,000 on six players, Manchester United acquired three players worth £1,157,950,000.
4. Manchester City will be parading the most expensive defence line history after bringing in Danilo from Real Madrid for £26,500,000, Kyle Walker from Tottenham for £45,000,000, Benjamin Mendy from Monaco for £52,000,000 and goalkeeper, Ederson from Benfica for £35,000,000.
5. Chelsea will be looking to retain the title they won last season with manager, Antonio Conte retaining the 3-4-3 formation that brought success. The Blues will put behind their defeat on penalty shootout in the Community Shield last weekend by Arsenal.
6. Diego Costa, who was Chelsea’s highest goal scorer last season, may not appear in the Premier League this season after he was told to leave the club by Antonio Conte and no English club making move to sign him.
7. Crystal Palace will be with manager, Sam Allardyce who has managed 6 Premier League clubs more than any other manager (Bolton Wanderers, Newcastle United, Blackburn Rovers, West Ham United, Sunderland, Crystal Palace; 2001/02 – 2016/17)
8. Antonio Conte goes into the new season holding the record of the manager to have won the Barclays Premier League Manager of the Month for three successive months.
Former Manchester United coach, Sir Alex Ferguson holds the most Manager of the Month awards which he won in August 1993, October 1994, February 1996, March 1996, February 1997, October 1997, January 1999, April 1999, August 1999, March 2000, April 2000, February 2001, April 2003, December 2003, February 2005, March 2006, August 2006, October 2006, February 2007, January 2008, March 2008, January 2009, April 2009, September 2009, January 2011, August 2011, and October 2012.
9. Tottenham’s Harry Kane will start the 2017/2018 season holding the golden boot after scoring 29 goals last season. Former Everton striker, now with Manchester United finished second on 25 goals while Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scored 24 to hold the third position.
10. Arsenal’s new signing, Alexandre Lacazette, Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva, Chelsea’s Alvaro Morata are among top signings to watch out for this season.
Welcome to Street Journal Forum, Our motto is "We Disagree To Agree", you can have an open discussion here on anything, you can respond to Topics freely. Upload pictures you want to share and please invite your friends!
We Disagree To Agree.....Let discuss everything!
First unread post • Total posts 26506 • Page 1 of 1